Among all the clothing accessories there is one that is loved by many and hated by others. Each group has its arguments. And we are among those who love this accessory. Learn how to wear caps: know what type to choose and what to wear them with following the guidelines that your store to buy sportswear online brings you in this post.
Basic rules for wearing a hat
There are those who refrain from wearing a cap as a complement to their outfit, because they consider it inappropriate. But, street style fans know better. The cap looks with any outfit. We know that it is a fundamental piece in this way of dressing, that it looks great with joggers, jumpsuits, jeans, skirts, even office suits and formal looks.
But, not everything is flattering. Although we can consider it versatile, you have to know when and how you should not wear caps, so as not to appear something that we do not want or to not reduce our age. This goes against fashion.
You can be 10, 15, 20, 30 years old and look good in this one. Of course, as long as you know how to combine it. And when we talk about a combination, we are not only referring to the colors, but also to the fact that it goes well with the clothes you are wearing.
In addition, to see yourself with a lot of style there are some rules to wear a cap that you must put into practice, to maintain good taste:
- You can wear the cap with the brim backwards for casual occasions. If your style is skater, you will use it this way almost always.
- Avoid hats with obscene messages and images with many shocking colors. As well as with diamonds.
- Always choose the correct size. Although there are designs of oversized caps, even those models have a measure for each head.
- Choose the type of cap that best suits the shape of your face.
- Keep the hat from covering your eyes.
- He prefers to wear it front and centered on the head.
- Remove the labels and adjectives that new caps bring.
Having these clear tips, we are going to explain how to wear a cap and what to wear it with.
How to wear caps: Know what type to choose and what to wear them with
Before knowing how to wear caps , it is necessary to know the types of caps and which one is best for our face. So your comfort will be complete, you will feel safe and identified with this accessory that you are wearing.
What kind of caps to wear according to your face
- Caps for a rectangular or elongated face: Those who have this face shape will fit quite well in caps with an adjustment strip, which allows them to adapt to the shape of the head. These have an arched visor. This way it will not add volume to the size of the skull and will simulate a bit of elongation of the face.
- Round face caps: Mostly women have this face shape. However, there are men who also have faces like this. For these cases, it is best to wear a cap with a high crown, a flat visor and an adjustable clasp.
- Caps for an oval face: This is the face desired by many, as it is considered “perfect”. Not too long, not too wide, and with a normal chin. Curved visor caps suit him perfectly , as they provide more balance to the features of the face.
- Square face cap: The square face is recognized because the width of your forehead matches that of your chin. As well as having slightly prominent cheekbones and chin. For these faces, the best cap is the baseball cap, which is the classic model of New Era caps . Its height and shape of the visor give harmony to the square face.
Meet the New Era caps
New Era caps are one of the most recognized brands in the world. We see them among the young people in our neighborhood, in celebrities and, from time to time, in those people who convey seriousness to us by their dress and attitude.
To know how to use New Era caps, it is important to know their silhouettes or designs. Thus, knowing this and knowing what type of cap is best for your face, you will know what to wear it with.
- 59FIFTY: It is a tailored cap made with six panels with eyelets and a malleable visor. It is the famous baseball cap.
- 9FIFTY: It is a cap with a high crown of six panels and a flat visor that can be curved. It differs from the previous one because the panels on the back are open. So that it can be adjusted to the person’s taste by means of an adjustable band.
- 19TWENTY: Same as the previous one, only the visor of this one is malleable.
- 39THIRTY: This New Era cap model is characterized by being stretchable, its visor is curved. Like the previous designs, it is made up of six panels that allow the perfect fit on the head.
- 29TWENTY: This is a retro cap that is unstructured and sits flat on the crown with the customary six panels and curved bill.
- 9FORTY: This New Era cap is known for its collegiate and conventional look. Its crown fits well to the head, it is made of six panels and its visor is curved. And like the 9FIFTY, the rear panels are open.
- 9TWENTY Silhouette: With a factory curved brim, this is an unstructured, vintage-look adjustable cap made with six eyelet panels.
- EK: It is the quintessential retro model of New Era caps. Inspired by the urban style of the 1920s, it is a special silhouette for fans of classic fashion.
When to wear caps
In part, the choice of outfit for each type of cap will depend on the occasion. So, knowing when to wear caps will give us an idea of how to combine it.
Men ‘s caps are accessories that can be worn at any time of the year. Although we believe that caps are typical of summer, in reality you can wear them even in winter. In the end, it fulfills its function at any time: to protect the head and face from inclement weather.
But, more than an element in favor of our health, it is an article that marks style, trend and personality. Therefore, knowing how to use it is essential to be able to maintain the positive attention of those who look at us.
The occasion? Whenever you want to use it and go with the place where you go. It is always recommended to follow certain rules of etiquette. As irreverent as you are, always avoid wearing a cap at the table or inside places like churches.
How to wear caps
The combination options with a cap are almost endless. Can you imagine wearing it with your outfit to go to work? The secret is to look at it as just another accessory.
Looks with caps for men
- Combine a 59FIFTY with blue straight-cut jeans, printed t-shirt, sneakers and navy blue jacket/coat.
- If you wear joggers or jeans with a t-shirt and sneakers, a 9TWENTY, 39THIRTY or 9FORTY style cap would look good on you.
- To go to the beach, any cap will go well with shorts or Bermuda shorts and a cotton T-shirt.
- For a movie outing you could wear a cap, with a crew neck sweatshirt and jeans.
- While if you go for a jog or a walk on a summer day, a cap will be more than a fashion accessory, something necessary to protect you from the sun.
- A monochromatic look with black vans, black jeans, a white t-shirt, an open black shirt, and an open cap will do for any day of college.
Looks with a cap for women
You can combine a cap with leggings, a long t-shirt, a jacket and sneakers. Or, with bell-bottom jeans, a shirt and sneakers. They also look good with a sweatshirt and jeans. For a casual look, wear shorts, a t-shirt and sneakers, you could use a baseball cap with a logo, print or your favorite color.
If you wonder how to wear a cap with long hair? There are three options with loose, braided or collected hair.
- She wears her hair down. Part your head down the middle, let your hair fall to the sides of your face, and put on your hat. You can do the same thing but bring the hair towards the back of the ears.
- Weave your hair. Make two low braids, one on each side, that fall below your ears. You can also braid all of your hair, starting on one side and ending on the other.
- Pick up your hair. Try making a ponytail as high as the back opening of the cap will allow. Or, make a low ponytail, which goes below the hat. You can also do a sloppy updo.
Another question is how to wear a cap with short hair? If it’s a pixie cut, pull the bangs out a little towards the forehead. But, if it is a bob cut, wear it loose, with a low or high ponytail (if the length of your hair allows it), or you can do some low braids.