How to wear a wedding dress at weddings held in the cold months? Accessories such as gloves, boleros, stockings or ankle boots are perfect accessories for the bride to be radiant without being cold.
Many brides choose winter to say yes I do and most of them have a great concern: What wedding dress to choose so as not to be cold? You have several possibilities, from coats, stoles or wedding dresses with long sleeves. It’s up to you! María G. Barea , editor and journalist specializing in weddings, offers us some ideas for a modern bride that is both comfortable and warm.
Long -sleeved dresses are in fashion so if you are getting married in winter you are in luck because you will find many models to choose from. Opt for a sleeve to the elbow for greater comfort or if you prefer to go warmer, for one that reaches the wrist. It’s just a proposal, if you always dreamed of wearing a strapless neckline, don’t despair because you can add a jacket to your dress to complete your style. A delicate capeline, a Chantilly lace bolero, a fur stole or a long coat will make your look perfectly adapt to the season.
Style tips for winter brides
- Do not think only of the cold but of comfort, then you will be in a closed place and with your nerves you will not even remember the low temperatures.
- Try plumeti stockings or polka dots. They are super feminine and will keep you warm!
- Use gloves, choose lace ones as they will give you a very chic touch.
- Try to make the sleeves of your dress thin. This way you will feel much freer at the time of the dance.
- A leather bolero will complete your bridal look in an elegant way. Of course, we bet on synthetic fur to take care of animals.
- You can also opt for a long cape or coat, opt for one made of the same fabric as the dress. Add a fur collar and cuffs for a more dressy look. A brooch can give you a lot of poise. Think that it will be like wearing two outfits in one. Everyone will want to see what’s under the coat!
- As footwear you can opt for a closed shoe or ankle boots to complete your winter bridal look. We assure you that you will go to the last and you will surprise your boyfriend!