Does your bed linen look dull? Has your bed sheet turned into a mess of creases and wrinkles? If so, then, all that you need to do is give your bedsheets the good old ironing treatment. Steam ironing your bed sheets will not only remove wrinkles and creases but will also make the sheets appear fresh and crisp. Maintain the durability and crease-free appearance of the bedsheets by ironing them regularly. If you do not feel up to the work, then you can always opt for ironing bedsheet services offered by Hello Laundry. When it comes to laundry and dry-cleaning services, Hello Laundry is the best in London, in terms of affordability and quality of service. However, if you would rather iron your bed sheets at home, then you may follow the tips, tricks, and techniques discussed herein to make your bed sheets appear brighter and more beautiful than ever. Read on to know more about the need to iron bed sheets and the different ways of ironing bed sheets at home.
What are the reasons to iron bed sheets at home?
Bed Sheets tend to crinkle and crease over time. Iron your bed sheets at least once a month to make sure that the sheets look wrinkle-free and beautiful. The reasons to iron bed sheets regularly are mentioned below:
Get rid of the wrinkles
Enhance the décor of your bedroom by ironing bed sheets at least once or twice every month. If your bed sheets tend to crease with regular use then consider steam ironing the sheets regularly. Spread the bed with crease-free bed sheets to add a luxurious touch to the bedroom décor.
Make the bed sheets fit in perfectly
Ironed bed sheets never slip off the mattress. If you are dealing with the stress of ill-fitted bed linen then consider investing in a steam iron of good quality. Spray the bed sheets slightly with corn starch solution before ironing them for the perfect fit.
Maximise closet space
Ironing bed sheets helps in compressing the bedsheets by getting rid of the air that gets trapped in between the folds of the sheets. The compression of the bedsheets during the ironing process helps in creating more closet space. If you do not have enough space in your wardrobe then be sure to iron your bed sheets on a regular basis. This way you will be able to store a higher number of sheets and other bed linen within the same closet space.
Steps to be followed for ironing bed sheets
Now that you are aware of the reasons to iron bed sheets, it is time to get down to business. Follow the steps below to iron bed sheets at home:
- Wash the bedsheets by hand or in a washing machine and then wring out the excess water. Iron the linen while it is still damp.
- Set the ironing board and then spread out the bed sheet on the board.
- Spray the bed sheet on the ironing board with a little cornstarch solution. Use a spray bottle and spray it evenly to make sure that the bedsheets feel crisp and fresh after ironing.
- Configure the temperature of the iron to a higher degree if the creases are too stubborn. Be sure to check the instruction label for configuring the iron to the right temperature setting.
- Fold the bed sheet lengthwise in thirds or half and then iron the upper part of the folded bed sheet.
- Now tuck one of the corners of the bed sheet into another corner and then iron the sheet again. Tuck the bed sheet securely underneath the edge of the board for this stage of ironing.
- Do not miss out on the other bed linen and accessories. It would look like an eyesore if the bedsheet is neatly ironed while the pillowcases are in a mess. Iron the pillow covers, blanket cases, and duvet covers as well to make the bed look neat and clean.
- Use freshly ironed bed sheets every day. Store them carefully in the closet to make sure that wrinkles stay away.
Ironing bed sheets is not only essential for beautiful bedroom décor but also good hygiene. Wash and iron the bed sheets regularly to keep bacteria and other germs at bay. If you are too busy to iron your bed sheets then you may avail of ironing bed sheets services. You may also invest in crease-free bedsheets of high quality that do not require ironing at all. Nevertheless, iron your bed sheets regularly to enhance your bedroom décor.